Your Senior Real Estate Specialist® (SRES®)
I have a passion for working with older adults and their families. I specialize in representing clients aged 55+ as they face challenging decisions about estate planning, retirement, changing careers, downsizing, adapting their homes to “age in place,” moving to new homes or communities out of state, or moving into local independent or assisted living facilities along with trust and probate sales. My knowledge combined with my network of professional vendors prove to be a valuable resource to many of my senior clients especially when it comes to buying, selling, renting, and/or relocating. Whether you’re an empty nester looking to downsize or newly retired and searching for your dream home, you probably have a lot of questions. Let’s sit down to discuss all of your options so you can be better prepared for your next move.
Being SRES® certified and your local real estate expert, I’m constantly consulting my senior clients with their real estate needs, including:
– Helping you manage the financial and emotional challenges of selling a long-held family home
– Creating a customized plan to market and sell your property
– Understanding your unique needs and creating a customized plan to ensure your home meets those needs now and in the future
– Utilizing specialized knowledge in reverse mortgages, 401(k) accounts, and IRAs for your real estate transaction
– Connecting you with their vast network of movers, attorneys, home inspectors, and other experts to help you through the process
What is a SRES®?
A Seniors Real Estate Specialist® (SRES®) is a REALTOR® who is uniquely qualified to assist seniors in housing sales and purchases. The SRES® designation is awarded only to REALTORS® who have successfully completed a series of educational courses on how to help seniors and their families with later-in-life real estate transactions. They also draw upon the expertise of a network of senior specialists, such as estate planners, CPAs, and eldercare lawyers, and are familiar with local community resources and services. Their mission is to help seniors and their families navigate the maze of financial, legal and emotional issues that accompany the sale of the home.
What qualities make an SRES® different?
– Has knowledge, experience and compassion in dealing with senior issues.
– Works first and foremost with the best interests of the client in mind.
– Can suggest housing alternatives, including ones that may allow an aging parent to remain in the home instead of selling it.
– Takes a no-pressure approach to the transaction and has a strong service orientation.
– Will take the time needed to make a client feel comfortable with the complex selling process.
– Understands the emotional demands a sale can make on a senior, and tries to minimize them.
– Tailors the marketing of a home to the needs of an older client.
– Can interact easily with all generations, including seniors, adult children and caretakers.
– Is knowledgeable about local senior housing options and elder support services.
– Has a wide network of other senior-focused professionals who can assist in tax counseling, financial and estate planning, and other aspects of the sale and move.
Why Use an SRES®?
Over the age of 50 and considering selling the family home?
You need a REALTOR® with senior experience, knowledge and marketing savvy. Those qualities, along with a special knowledge of managing the sale of a home for those over the age of 50, are what SRES® designees can bring to your next real estate transaction. SRES® designees are certified senior specialists and astute to the financial and emotional challenges senior clients face when they sell a long-held family home. SRES® designees not only can create a customized approach to marketing and selling your property, but they also can work with you to explore your housing options to ensure that your next home best serves your current and future needs. Such certified specialists have special knowledge about everything from reverse mortgages and the importance of universal design to the uses of pensions, 401k accounts, and IRAs in real estate transactions. They’ll also help you steer clear of loan schemes and scams that victimize aged 50+ borrowers. And when you need help from other professionals, SRES® designees can tap their network and put you in touch with qualified home inspectors, movers, attorneys, CPAs and other experts. SRES® designees have all the resources and knowledge to simplify the transaction and eliminate the anxiety of selling your home. So if you’re thinking of buying, selling, renting or relocating, I’m the local real estate expert in your area and can help you with your real estate transaction.
Let’s Review Your Situation
Nearly everyone wishes to age in place as they grow older. But often, the spacious family house becomes too burdensome, financially and physically, to maintain for my clients 55+.
Determining your next step?
It can entail a complex set of decisions relating to finances, ideal over 50 housing locations and property types, as well as anticipating future needs as you or your loved ones age.
I will consult with you to review your current housing situation and outline the topics to weigh as you consider your next move. We will discuss pertinent information on 50+ housing trends, financing and market conditions.
You’ll have access to my team of experts and advisors to help you with every step while you’re exploring your options and determining the very best place to call home.
Certified Seniors Real Estate Specialist (SRES)
Top 5 Producing Award For Keller Williams Larchmont – 2017 & 2018
#4 Top Producing Agent in Sales Volume Award For Keller Williams Larchmont – 2016
Top 10 Producing Agent For Keller Williams Larchmont – 2012 – 2018
Cultural Icon Award Keller Williams – 2014
Agent Of The Year For Keller Williams Larchmont – 2013
#6 Agent In Sales Volume Per MLS – 2013
Top 10 Producing Award Keller Williams – 2013
Top 20 Producing Award Keller Williams – 2012
Cultural Icon Award Keller Williams – 2012
Contact Laura Anderson
“I am a firm believer in exceeding expectations in order to enhance your quality of life. To me, being a REALTOR means more than just selling homes. It’s about you and your hopes and dreams. It’s about a relationship based on trust, knowledge and expertise. You can be sure I will go the extra mile to give you the best possible experience in all your real estate affairs. If you have any additional questions, don’t hesitate to contact me today!”