Home for the holidays….sounds warm and inviting, but if you are the one hosting family and friends it can be a little stressful on you and your home. The tips below will ensure your home is ready for holiday parties and guests.
Home Safety Check
- If you have not changed the batteries in your smoke and CO detectors, now is a great time to get that done.
- Make sure you have a fire extinguisher handy.
- Check your first-aid supplies – at minimum you will need band-aids, burn creams, and ice packs.
- Check for tripping hazards inside and outside
- Replace burnt out lights inside and outside, especially near walkways
- Inspect the refrigerator and clear out blocked freezer vents. Re-position food in fridge and freezer for better air flow. Tighten loose screws on door handles and replace rubber seal of not closing properly.
- Clean out microwave thoroughly and use a degreaser to wipe out the dust and grease from the ventilation unit.
- Do NOT clean your oven. Self-cleaning cycles run hard on your oven and may cause it to fail during a crucial cooking moment. Simply wipe clean and use the self-clean cycle for after the holidays.
- Inspect the dishwasher strainer and remove any food debris. Wipe out detergent buildup from interior walls, gaskets, and moving parts.
Address the Toilet
- Avoid back-ups and make sure there is proper flushing action
- Replace flapper valve or the entire flush mechanism if needed
- If toilet rocks, tighten up mounting bolts
Hope you find these home tips helpful!
IS THE TIME RIGHT FOR YOU TO SELL? ALL OUR LISTINGS THIS YEAR SOLD OVER ASKING! CONTACT ME TODAY FOR AN EXPERT PRICE OPINION