With the recent rain many neighborhood lawns are lush and green. Unfortunately, we know that the rain doesn’t last very long here in Southern California and those of us trying to be water conscious will have a tough time keep those lawns lush and green throughout the summer. Don’t let the lack of rain determine your yards beauty this summer; replace your lawn with more water efficient landscaping.
Now is a great time to take advantage of the lawn removal rebate programs!
Only one rebate per property is allowed! You may want to remove your front-yard, back-yard, and parkway at the same time.
City of Los Angeles, District 29: Malibu, Topanga, Marina Del Rey: $3.75/SqFt
Los Angeles County: $1/SqFt between 500-5000 SqFt
District 36: Val Verde: $2/SqFt between 500-2500 SqFt
Santa Monica:$1.50/SqFt of lawn removal, additional rebate for irrigation
6 Steps to Lawn Removal
- Measure the area being converted
- Take a color picture of the area, including the street and house for reference
- Make a sketch of the area, including measurements and location of sprinkler heads
- Make a sketch of the proposed design (rock landscape, lawn substitutes, stepping stones, drought resistant native plants)
- Complete the application online
- Wait for approval before you do any removal
Need help with the design of your new landscaping
Stephen Baldonado of I Garden Designs has been running a garden design business for over 5 years. He is an expert at turning a water wasting lawn into a stunning showpiece that is water friendly and that will give an instant boost to your home’s curb appeal. For more info about lawn design contact Stephen today at 323.879.9422 or email@example.com